A Spring Without You

                        

A Spring Without You

-Tariqul Islam Siam

You were in my heart

But shame on this pervert

Who sought beauty for years

But never sought the soul which sears

You weren’t my inspiration

Until I missed you

Your memories kept crying

But I failed to hear it in due

When my soul felt seared and vacant

It felt necessary to be filled

You rose just like a rose

Whose beauty always grows

But to catch that red love

I had to face eternal patience

 which was so tough!

Each moment the redness grows

Each second feels like thorns

Which punches in the feet

Captured me in the cage of grief

The pain of waiting to meet you

Seared my soul and turned me into the fire

Which cooled down waiting thousands of years

Waiting for only you

Where can I find you, my love

Please give me a little cue

 The chilliness of the winter wind is starting to fade

You will come and I am waiting for that date

How lovely those blooming flowers

Seeming like they are changing colors

But should I find anything in those colors

Cause my life is colorless without you

And transparent like the water cascade

Yes, I should!

And I found red as the symbol of love

But patience feebled that red

You must come to rekindle the chilled fire

Bring the sword to this sire

You must come to reveal the red

I sought but was repressed

You must come to nourish my seared soul

Which was lead-white but turned to coal

You must come and soak me like rain

Water to the desert and relief to my pain

You must come to inaugurate a season

Spring! That was captured in my prison

You will come I believe

My soul is tired of such grief

Please give me relief

I want to have a sleep

In your lap: eternally deep

And warm like the sun of dawn

Which would make me respawn

Enough of flattery

See through the real me

My words will indeed get you lost

On a road covered with permafrost

And with lone trees

Those are without leaves

 Like me when I don’t have you

My poverty, my rusty bicycle

You won’t find it shameful

Rather it’s a supreme vehicle

I let you go when you were near

Now I am drowned in fear

The fear of losing you forever

Let the distance in love act inverse

It's like a long string tying us together

Your lie was that distance indeed

Which I learned true and let grow

Now it has become a canyon so deep

At the first sight, I may remain silent

But please listen to my silent voice

The voice of love, the voice of repent

Which will make you agree to a choice

The choice of love and the choice of distance

And you will choose me as a love for sure

And then my soul would finally find a cure

For that love which remained silent

And cost patience and repent

 After all this I actually never said sorry

Please forgive me if you find something in me

Because I was rude to you when you behaved gently

I paid no heed to your words when you needed sympathy

I let you go when you wanted to come near

Please forgive me won’t you, my dear? 

Comments