A Masked Friendship


 A Masked Friendship

-Tariqul Islam Siam

Was I so devoid of consciousness?

To recognize who is a friend and who is foe

Did I lose my intelligence?

Or let my ignorance grow

Neither did I

Instead, I chose a foe as a well-wisher

And pushed away my friend

This repentance really tastes bitter

But it has no way to end

Choosing a good friend is like a game

Where none should offer friendship until the end of fame

Ego and selfishness must fade

To make it last upto a never coming date

A friend will mean

A brother from another mother

Who would anxiously ask where you have been

And will always protect you from others

A friend is a companion of life

He will say let’s together strive

No matter what you do

A friend will stand by your side

And fight for you with all his might

But a foe will do harm of yours

And won’t suggest any cures

He will bite like a rattlesnake

So don’t mess with him for your own sake

Though he would be your rival

For his competitiveness, you will get better

But that’s not aim

He just wants to make you a lame

Remember his weakness

He is your open adversary

And he won’t keep that in darkness

And now I am going to reveal the greatest danger

 The mixture of friend and foe

My body is trembling from head to toe

But is it ever possible

Really can a friend become a foe

As if he was a nut full of guts

Never thought of breaking his heart

But that day he opened his mask

Fought his best friend only for a mark

That day this friendship went dark

And that day a friend became a foe

It always happens even If you don’t know

This mask of dust cost a lot

Hey, were you indeed my friend?

And like the last letters, this holy relation ends 

Comments