The Rain City


 

Rain City

-Tariqul Islam Siam

That mediocre sun seems to me sullen

Frothing tea, the clattering of rain, and tin

Childhood fallen; youth fallen

Still, this scathed heart seeks the pristine

There’s something conjuring of that rain

Preplanned scheduled all in vain

I suppose a smile is not always the answer

Gloomy cry of nature the rain

Mesmerizing; tells smiles can also fester

I dream of a city so serene

“Rain City”

I will name you!

Tranquil and monochromous

But still feels anew

To reach there one day

I implore if Allah please may

I beseech, I beg renouncing the usual

I want to relish the after-rain sidereal

After a long heavy shower

Let’s return to the city of rain

The city of sapphire

The seraphic

The rain city…

Raining the whole day, cloudless at the night

The suns glean undermined

By the solemn downpour

Stagnant the to-be hectic day

A loss you say!

Let me get lost in this seraphic serenity

Ah! My dream “The Rain City”

Comments