The Nightwalker

 

The Nightwalker

Tariqul Islam Siam

Woe to that night! Which puts forth affliction

Afflicts with helplessness and suffocation

...

“O You! A Nightwalker! It’s the midnight!

Silent and Cold, The dark hugging tight;

A faint light, Dark-blue mystifying the sight,

Feels ecstatic with someone by your side,

That same night, you wanted to fight,

Would be your abode, be your light;

Can I be your company in this starry night?

So lightless! Even the shadows disappear,

Your soul trembles, clenching you from rear;

So lonely the night feels,

Yet, it is that which heals!

A Jest or a Test? The choice is yours;

Nightwalker, Don’t hold remorse!

A great company; Grateful to meet!

Now, it feels beautiful, isn’t it?

Wow, what a transition indeed!

Take my warmth and let me lead,

Two souls unite, veiled by a cool breeze

Hey twinkling stars, don’t you tease!

Tell a story, time will run,

Closer will you feel the sun;

If one to walk, to share the unlit lamp,

Dead Night feels like a lively camp

Once who dreaded the dark,

Now, is loving this arc?

Nightwalker, how is this journey?

Aren’t you feeling home and free?

Nightwalker,

Can a journey end when you carry home besides?

Can’t you make me where your soul resides?

Nightwalker,

The day-break draws nigh …

Why do I cry? Why do I sigh?

I don't want this journey to end!

A wish I will forever defend!”

Comments